Sunday 6 January 2013

Out with the Old, In with the New !

Ahh, I just finished watching the old movie, Click.
The movie where there's such thing as a universal remote control.
Works exactly like how you control the TV but this time, you can control real life scenes.
And the moral of the whole story is that we should not take things for granted.
We should learn to appreciate everything in life.
Embrace BOTH the good & the bad :)

Honestly, before this, I had a hard time thinking of how to start this post since I haven't been blogging much.
It's a good thing I sat down and watched a meaningful movie :)
It made me think about the whole of last year & basically just my whole life.
2012 was a great year.
Lots of rough patches in each area respectively.
Learnt a lot from different experiences & I really can't thank God enough for that.
Life is about experience.
Life is about making mistakes, taking risks & learning from it.
That is the true meaning of living.

One of the few highlights of last year was the pageant that I joined.
Miss SE Asia Fitness 2012
I met a lot of great people there and we all had fun together.
Most people have the impression that pageants are all about looking good & knowing how to catwalk and answering questions intellectually.
Well, it ain't about that.
Apart from all the beauty stufflings like knowing your angles, etc etc, it's also about stage presence, networking and bonding with people.
I am one who isn't THAT good on stage. Lol.
I'll become very conscious of my surroundings & that ain't a good thing when you're on stage.
I am happy to say that I'm overcoming it bit by bit :)
I've also learnt how to network & talk to people more.
Somehow growing up in an environment where speaking up to people older than me is not encouraged is responsible for me not speaking much when it comes to adults.
It's good to know that I have gotten that out of my system :)
The rest of the things I learnt are more towards the entertainment world :)
I am thankful for all the great people I met & the things that I learnt :)
Was awarded Miss Photogenic 2012
And Teen Princess of SE Asia 2012.
And guess who's the Prince? =P
None other than my beau.
:)
All in all, this pageant was a great experience :)

End of the year came & it was time for exams.
Oh, the joy of being a student. 
Exams didn't end till the 21st & didn't start till 14th December, a day after my birthday. 
So.. there goes everything. 
Celebrated it with Andrew on the 13th & Erina and Yen came over to surprise me lol. 
The best gift ever is the Guess bag that he bought me. 
After that, it was time for Christmas already and my, my, this year's Christmas shopping was crazy!
I only had 3 days to shop for everyone ! 
And it did not help that there were other things to be done too. 
I did it anyways. Kudos to me. 
But damn, it was tiring. 
Spent Christmas with the bestie in church :)
It's our tradition to do this & since she's leaving soon, this'll be our last Christmas together :(
Gonna miss you Natty <3

If you're wondering why there are no mentions of Andrew, it's because he was busy somewhere else on holiday. Tsk, tsk. 
He only came back on Boxing day & eversince he came back, man we spent a lot of time together for the next few days.
And when he came back, he came back with another 4 members of our made up family lol. 
Vivi, Lola & Andy :D
Yehh, they're all Hello Kittys and they're all mine =P
Lastly, a nameless polar bear. 
But that was not all that I got...
Got a Coach purse from his parents ! :D 
Awesome!
Another one of my favorite & unexpected gift was from my brother :)
Victoria Secret goodies ^^
I hope you liked your gift too man. 
I bought him a cool wallet =P
Too bad I don't have a picture of it.

That's all about the latest happenings :)
Spent New Year's Eve with a bunch of peeps. 
Was initially planning to celebrate it quietly with just the boy since he said it was significant to us because it was the day that we met. Oh well.
Had fun anyways. Lol.
And the view was amazing!
When the fireworks started firing, damn it was beautiful :)
I'd upload the video here but it seems like it wouldn't want to. 
Think the file is too big. Lol. 
Well it was crazy with the drinking after that.
The drinks, the games & the laughter :)
:)
That was how last year ended!

It's a new year now.
The year of 2013. 
2012 was crazy with 90 degree drops.
All the pain, all the tears, all the craziness & all the laughter.
It was really one heck of a year!
I'd very much love for this year to be less of a pain and less tears. 
Hopefully this year shall be a better year :)
Talks of limiting this blog to only a few people is now gone. 
It shall remain as it is. 
I have way too much to share than to just close it off lol. 
As for the other blog, it shall be up in no time :)
Things are on delay a little because heh, as I've mentioned earlier, been spending time with the boy =P
My plans should be up and running by February. 
I'm really looking forward to the blessings of 2013 despite the tough year ahead with thesis..
Haha, but that's life & life is meant to be lived!

As for resolutions, haha, I always make a list but in the end I won't even remember half of them! 
I actually didn't really make any this year lol. 
Because I realized I don't actually need a resolution to get certain things done lol!
If I were to make a resolution right now, I'd say that this year's resolution is to spend the days of 2013 productively :) 
Another one is to get rid of things that bring me down. 
That's about it. 
No long list nonsense awaits me =P
Just the two of that 
:)

Anyways, I'd better be going off now. 
I shall blog more tomorrow or something. 
I hope it's not too late for me to wish you peeps Happy 2013 :)
G'night !

No comments:

Post a Comment