Sunday 20 May 2012

Well Spent

Soo, the boy's been away since Friday & will be returning home today! 
Owhhyeahhh. BUT I think I'm only gonna see him tomorrow or maybe even Tuesday. 
We'll see how it goes :)
3 days without seeing/hearing much from the boy really is kinda annoying. 
Last night was the worst night of all. 
I couldn't fall asleep and I had stupid imaginations roaming around the topic of supernatural.
Horrible horrible horrible. 
I wasn't feeling well & I had to sleep but I only managed to sleep after hearing our old conversations :)
They're so nostalgic. 
Most of them had goodnight wishes, hehe :)
After listening to them, I fell asleep within minutes. 
I actually wanted to get up and do something productive but nah, I'd rather lie in bed since I've been productive.

I am proud to say that I spent my days well. 
I did my research and all the things that I was supposed to do. 
Hence, I deserve a reward =P
I would reward myself with some Ochado or ChaTime or ShareTea LOL. 
But my condition right now does not permit for such drinks. 
Heck, I even had to eat porridge last night while the rest of my family members ate steak -_-
For some reasons, I have wind in my tummy which causes abdominal pain. Tsk. 
Went to the doctors this morning and got my meds. 
So I'm stuck with limited types of food and tea. 
Zzzzzz.
Hope I recover asap. 

I came across this picture on Facebook & found out that the glowing thing was Bioluminescent Phytoplankton. 
What a cool long ass name LOL. 
My, my it's sooo beautiful :)
Searched plankton and this came out
LOLLOL!
Only when I typed in real plankton did I find the real ones. 
They look kinda weird LOL. 
The type of plankton in SpongeBob Square Pants looks like this in real life. 

So there's the zooplankton and the phytoplankton. 
The difference between these two is that zooplankton is more of an animal whereas the phytoplankton is a plant. 
Phytoplanktons being a plant can produce their own food whereas zooplanktons feeds on phytoplankton & other particulate found in water.  
That's the two main differences between the two. 
Zooplanktons are classified by their size. 
So there's pico, nano, micro, meso and macro plankton. 
As for phytoplankton, there are manyyy kinda but the common ones are. . .
Illustrations of types of phytoplankton.
Okay, enough of planktons for the day. 
I was just merely interested in why they glow. 
So apparently it lights up because of some chemical reaction and it acts as a defense mechanism to evade their preys. 
So that's why they glow :)

I'd really like to see them glow. 
Perhaps Pulau Redang shall be of targer for my next holiday destination.
Justt to see them planktons light up =P

Aights, signing off now.
Tatas! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment