Saturday 15 October 2011

Last Night Was A Fairytale ♥

As promised, here's the update on what happened yesterday :)
It was our 8th monthsary of being together.
So i decided to do something I have never done before since I have the whole house to myself.
I decided to cook steak for him since he likes western :)
I have NEVER in my life cooked before.
Maggi mee is not counted ok. LOL.
I've also never cut any vegetable before cause I'm kinda scared that I'll cut myself, hehe.

About two days before, I got the recipe and ingredients.
Special thanks to Jonathan Yap, who accompanied me to buy these things and King Ming, who advised me on what to do  :)
I was really really nervous and kinda scared.
Yeah la I know I sound like a chicken la. This and that also scared. Pfft.
I'm a first timer ok! LOL.
The day finally came for me to cook.
Woke up yesterday and felt excited like a small kid who just got new toys! xD
Started my little kitchen affair in the afternoon about 3 i think.
Started with the coleslaw.
Omg, for the first time, I WAS CUTTING VEGETABLE! :O
Sorta reminded me of vegesamurai xD
I kinda like cutting vege LOL.
For some reasons, I wasn't scared of the knife or whatever, I guess I was more worried as to how it would taste like. Lol.
The coleslaw turned out to be great :D
Bleh, but my mushroom soup was a failed mushroom soup.
It was too diluted. Put too much water :(
The taste is there tho.

And hey, I ain't some cheapo who just boil Campbell's cream of mushroom ok.
I actually made the mushroom soup myself!
Heh, excuse me if I'm a bit too proud.
I'm just very happy that I did it.
This is seriously some kind of achievement cause I never though I could cook or cut vege in real life LOL.
Made the mashed potato and omg it taste really good!
Imma make that again xD
Fuh, so after finishing all the side dishes, the nervousness kicked in again.
Cause I was gonna cook the steak! :O
STEAK. 
First time cooking and it is a STEAK.
I was so scared that it will turn out awful. =/
But in the end, it turned out perfect! xD

So that's what happened in the afternoon :)
I made a plan of how to surprise him way before and all I had to do was to carry it out.
Haha, I told him and all of you that I was bringing him out for dinner but noo, I'm a bluff xD
Last night's dinner was no ordinary dinner, it was a garden dinner LOL.
I was supposed to put candles but I couldn't find my candles. Lol.
So the plan was that he was suppose to come pick me and my bro up, drop my bro at tuition and then go for dinner.
When he came to pick me and my bro up, I told my bro to tell him that I wasn't ready.
Well of course I wasn't ready, waiting for him to come was a cue to make the mashed potato and steak and corn! Lol.
Told my brother to text me when he's dropped him already.
And that would be the cue to set the table outside and cook the steak.

Everything went according to plan.
Even the weather ;)
He came by and was surprised when I told him that we were eating at home :)
First came the mushroom soup :)
He told me it was good but I know it was dilute LOL.
Then came the steak cause by the time he came the steak is already well rested.
Oh and did I mention that it was a perfect medium-rare ? xD
Ahhh so happy it turned out perfect xD
My baby loved it.
Apparently he liked the vinegar taste in the steak. LOL.
I marinated it in vinegar so yeah.
I gave him half of mine cause I didn't like the vinegar taste lol.
Now Imma let the pictures do a bit of the talking ;)
The dimly litted dining area :)

Feel the cheesyness yet? xD
Rod Stewart was playing in the background as we dine ;)
This is by far the cheesiest thing I have ever done.
But of course this can't top the cheesyness of that Valentine's night xD
Kenny G man. Don't play play xD
And and OMG my neighbour saw everything that was going on!
I felt so shy! Lol.
I bet everyone who pass by my house would be like what the heck's going on there.
I noticed that one or two cars sorta slowed down. LOL.

So anyways, when we finished eating, I thought that was it.
Dinner's over and now we're just gonna chit chat and all.
Was too tired to think of anything.
I was just glad that it all turned out so well and finally I can rest . Lol.
Then he asked if I thought I was the only one with a surprise.
Haha I said no and he asked me to search for my gift Lol.
I looked everywhere but missed the most obvious place LOL.
It was at the window area :)
He took it, opened it and I saw a bracelet :)

The deal about the bracelet was that once he wears it for me, I can't take it out.
So only he can take it off :)
Heee, I can finally bathe with it.
I bathed with it this morning xD
But that was not all.
After he wore it for me, he went back to his seat and he said,
"That was last month's present"
Again, I had to search for the next gift and I missed the obvious place again LOL.
Double pwned! xD
This time it was inside the same box where the bracelet was.

There was a ring in it :)
He took it, came over to my side and GOT DOWN ON ONE KNEE ! 
I was taken aback like really wayyy back.
He uttered " Will you marry me someday?"
OH MY GOSH DID HE JUST PROPOSED, my mind screamed.
I was soooo shocked and surprised that I was literally stunned!
I didn't know how to answer him! Lol.
In the end I answered, " Yes I will " 
heheh, then he pulled me in for a hug.
And we started dancing to Rod Stewart right beside the dining table <3
*melts*

Behold, my very own fairytale <3

No comments:

Post a Comment